Lightbug Ltd is a family business based in the UK that has been developing GPS tracking products for over 15 years. Initially our products were focused on industrial and security markets, developing and manufacturing product used by law enforcement both in the UK and across Europe.
Last year we released our first consumer device and the first solar powered GPS tracker, aimed at helping individuals care for loved ones, be it children, elderly relatives prone to wandering or even pets.
Since its release, Lightbug has generated a huge amount of interest due to its battery life measured in months, or even years when exposed to sunlight for a few hours a day. All of this interest has translated into a greatly expanded product range (10 and counting) as we look to help more people in ever more varied sectors
Our core competencies include:
- Designing and manufacturing small, robust, devices which are easy to deploy, configure and manage
- Creating incredibly power efficient systems with battery life measured years
- GSM (2G), NBIoT & LTE-M (4G) and LoRa connectivity
- Positioning, be it with satellite (GPS, GLONASS, ...), trilateration of signal strengths or simply proximity
- Indoor positioning systems with accuracy down to 10m using WPS (WiFi Positioning system)
- Remote Sensing of pretty much anything!
- Creating and maintaining scalable and easy to use software platforms
- Security & Reliability: the data we collect is not only important but sensitive. Encryption and Up-time are at the core of everything we do.